Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ten Things We Learned from Inception (by Mike Natale and Tom Lorenzo)

{Originally appeared in The C. W. Post Pioneer}

In honor of Inception’s release on Blu-Ray and DVD, Tom Lorenzo and Mike Natale decided to compile a little list of the ten things we learned while watching Christopher Nolan’s newest flick. We hope you all enjoy:


10.)Tom Hardy should be James Bond. Right now.

9.) Joseph Gordon Levitt is totally interesting when fighting in a g*d damned spinning hallway….

8.) But he’s really boring when he’s just talking about dreamscapes and sh*t.

7.) If Michael Caine is in a movie, he owns that movie. Always. Even Jaws 4: The Revenge. But especially Inception.

6.) The dreams Christopher Nolan thinks people have are 10000000000 times cooler than the dreams we really have. Where are train cars shooting down a city street while I’m reading an essay on Kafka in my underwear? Huh? Huh?!?!?!

5.) It’s always interesting seeing Leo drop his natural Boston accent for a movie where he’s not playing a “dooly appointed federahl mahshall.” (See: Shutter Island)

4.) That guy from Platoon with the messed up face is apparently still alive! I’ll be damned!

3.) Three-Six Mafia winning an Oscar before Christopher Nolan ever has: Greatest sin of all time.

2.) I am not as smart as I think I am.

1.) You may find yourself saying “It was all a dream*”

*I used to read Word Up magazine/Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in/the limousine/Hangin' pictures on my wall/Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl/I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped/Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock/Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack/With the hat to match/Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha/You never thought that hip hop would take it this far

No comments:

Post a Comment